21 August 2008

I hadn't had a B complex for at least two weeks, and one arrived with 125mg of B6 yesterday. Dream journey: In Rio de Janiero, I was involved in some activity that prompted local friends to put my stack of books into a canvas bag with very long straps as the straps were sewn into the skin of a large, happy dog willing to transport them. Relaxing at the end of the day, I noticed the dog and thought I should take the straps out. I pulled them out carefully and eventually I was pulling something out that wasn't canvas but could have been intestinal matter. The dog kept smiling with its tongue sticking out. There was a baseball diamond there for some reason which had shrunk enough that the center fielder could quickly throw to third base to pick off a tall, fast baserunner identified as Otis Nixon but who didn't look like him taking a lead off third base, repeatedly for eternity. The center fielder was very pleased to repeat himself in this way. This had gone on for so long upon my arrival that a daily fruit market had located itself around the third base cutout, so that the throws to third had to be directed around the fruit vendors and their clientele, and 'Mr. Nixon' would frequently bump into people while trying to get back to third. I wrote and performed an impromptu samba about being complimented for my bracelet when I was not wearing a bracelet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and all I got was a rash.

Ian Keenan said...

we'll need to get those canvas straps out, then

Anonymous said...

I told you I'm no longer willing to carry around your stacks of books.